Interview with Audrey Chaing, Crypto Trader, Blockchain Analyst and Consultant
Got a laundry list of questions that have gone unanswered when it comes to blockchain, bitcoin, and the myriad of cryptocurrencies out there?
Questions like the following:
- What’s going on with the boom and bust cycles?
- Are cryptocurrencies really here to stay?
- Are there really a myriad of applications for blockchain?
- And how can one get started playing around with the technology when bitcoin has such an expensive price tag, and blockchain is so challenging to develop on?
Well, we’re going to answer all these questions for you and more by kicking off this month with today’s Build episode that debunks a number of myths related to blockchain, bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies. In next week’s episode, we’ll share some of the cool applications that are making an impact in the market and prove the staying power of these technologies.
To help us out I’ve invited Audrey Chaing who is a crypto trader as well as a Blockchain analyst and consultant, and blogs on Blockchaing.
Here’s what you’ll learn from today’s episode:
- How to go about explaining the differences between Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency in simple terms to friends and family
- How bitcoin works with public key and private key encryption — and what is public key and private key encryption
- Why People Think Bitcoin Transactions Are Anonymous Or For Criminals
- What The Real Value Is Behind Bitcoin
- Whether Bitcoin Will Replace Credit Cards And Cash
- Other Cryptocurrencies Besides Bitcoin
- How To Get Started Playing With Cryptocurrencies And The Blockchain
Listen to the episode on iTunes!
You can listen to this episode of Build on iTunes.
Enjoyed this post and want more?
Help others enjoy it too by hitting the 👏🏽!
Check out these additional resources Audrey mentions in the episode to get started with building blockchain, bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies:
- Coin Market Cap: Cryptocurrency market cap rankings, charts, and more.
- Block Geeks: Courses on blockchain development
- Coinbase: a secure online platform for buying, selling, transferring, and storing digital currency.
Build is produced as a partnership between Femgineer and Pivotal Tracker. San Francisco video production by StartMotionMEDIA.
The Real Deal Behind Blockchain, Bitcoin, and Cryptocurrencies was originally published in Hacker Noon on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.